Rental Rules and Regulations
1903 Hontoon Road
DeLand, FL 32720
Phone (407) 625-2316
- CHECK-IN TIME is after 3 PM EST and CHECK OUT is 10 AM EST.
- This is a NON-SMOKING unit.
- Pets are not permitted in rental units under any conditions.
- We will not rent to vacationing students or singles under 25 years of age unless accompanied by an adult guardian or parent.
- DAMAGE/RESERVATION DEPOSIT A damage/reservation deposit of $200 is required. This must be received within
seven (7) days of booking the reservation. The deposit automatically converts to a security/damage deposit upon arrival. The
deposit is NOT applied toward rent; however, it is fully refundable within fourteen (14) days of departure, provided the following
provisions are met:
- No damage is done to the unit or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
- No charges are incurred due to pets or collection of rents or services rendered during the stay.
- All debris, rubbish, and discards are bagged and placed in outside covered trash cans, and soiled dishes are placed in
the dishwasher and cleaned. One load of laundry is started.
- All keys are left on the kitchen table and the unit is left locked.
- All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure.
- No linens are lost or damaged.
- PAYMENT An advance payment equal to 50% of the rental rate is required 60 days before arrival.
The advance payment will be applied toward the room rent. Please make payments in the form of traveler's checks, bank money
orders, cashiers checks, or personal checks, payable to Harley Bessire. The advance payment is not a damage deposit. The
BALANCE OF RENT is due fourteen (14) days before your arrival date.
- CANCELLATIONS A sixty (60) day notice is required for cancellation. Cancellations that
are made more than sixty (60) days prior to the arrival date shall incur no penalty. Cancellations or changes that result in
a shortened stay, that are made within 60 days of the arrival date, forfeit the full advance payment and damage/reservation
deposit. Cancellation or early departure does not warrant any refund of rent or deposit.
- MONTHLY RESERVATION CANCELLATIONS Monthly renters must cancel one hundred twenty (120)
days prior to check-in. Any changes for monthly renters that results in a shortened stay must be made at least ninety (90)
days prior to check-in.
- MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY The maximum number of guests for the four bedroom unit is limited
to eight (8) persons, the one bedroom unit is limited to two (2) persons, and the full house is limited to ten (10) persons.
An additional charge of $10.00 per person per night for guests in addition to the maximum will be assessed. Additional guests
above the number listed in the confirmation MUST be pre-approved fourteen (14) days prior to check-in. THIS PROPERTY REQUIRES
A THREE (3) NIGHT MINIMUM STAY.
- Longer minimum stays may be required during holiday periods. If a rental is taken for less than three
days, the guest will be charged the three-night rate.
- NO DAILY MAID SERVICE While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid
service is not available. We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units.
- RATE CHANGES Rates subject to change without notice.
- FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to
forfeiture of advance payment, deposit, and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check in.
- WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved
in writing in advance.
- HURRICANE OR STORM POLICY No refunds will be given unless:
- The National Weather Service orders mandatory evacuation in a "Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning area" and/or
- A "Mandatory evacuation order has been given for the Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning" area of residence of a
vacationing guest. The day that the National Weather Service orders a mandatory evacuation in a "Tropical Storm/Hurricane
Warning" area, we will refund:
- Any unused portion of rent from a guest currently registered;
- Any unused portion of rent from a guest that is scheduled to arrive, and wants to shorten their stay to come in
after the Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning is lifted;
- any advance rents collected or deposited for a reservation that is scheduled to arrive during the Tropical Storm/
Hurricane Warning period.
- CHILDREN MUST BE SUPERVISED AT ALL TIMES, ESPECIALLY WHEN NEAR THE WATER.
- No mechanical work may be done in the garage or on the driveway.
- DO NOT DISPOSE OF OIL OR CHEMICALS of any kind on the property.
- Do not move furniture in the house.
- No parties other than for registered guests without pre-approval in writing.
- NO guns or weapons will be allowed on the property, including BB guns.
- No hunting of any kind allowed on the property.
- No illegal drugs are permitted to be used or to be in your possession on the property.
- Call 911 in case of emergency during your stay.
- No climbing of trees or buildings or walking on the roof.
- There are snakes, alligators, fire ants, spiders, and other wildlife on or near this property. It is against Florida
law to feed alligators.
- Four wheelers, dirt bikes, and other off-road vehicles are not allowed to be used on the property.
- Please avoid driving on the grass when possible.
- NO FIRES IN THE HOUSE! This includes candles. The chimney on the fireplace is unsafe and should
never be used.
- A dock for one boat is included with the rental. Be careful of any submerged objects. The guest is responsible for any damage
or harm to persons or property.
- All guests agree to hold the owners of the above described property harmless for any injuries to themselves or their property
for whatever cause while at the described and occupied property.
- Please call Sue Bessire at 407-625-2316 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org with any problems or questions.